Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is InsightBrief?
A research led company that develops and publishes short-format content to help time-poor professionals keep informed and better understand topics they are interested in.
Q. What does short-format content mean?
This is our term for content that can be consumed in less than 10 minutes and is easily accessible on any device. Examples include videos, PDFs, podcasts, infographics.
Q. What is an Executive Brief?
An Executive Brief is a summary by an independent research and editorial team at InsightBrief of the key points (aka insights) gleaned from research reports or white papers. Executive Briefs are our first short-format content (PDF); other content products and media formats including video and audio are planned for 2016.
Q. What are the benefits of an Executive Brief to a reader?
- Clear, easy to read short documents; read in less than 10 minutes
- Reduction of information overload
- Acquisition of relevant and actionable information
- Easy to access the source material (to delve deeper into the subject matter)
- Trust in InsightBrief’s 3rd party independence
Q. Does it cost to subscribe or access InsightBrief’s content?
No. It is free to subscribe &/or access the content.
Q. What is InsightBrief’s revenue model?
Our revenue is derived from source material owners who underwrite our content.
Q. What does ‘source material’ mean?
Source material refers to the content that the InsightBrief team summarise; in the case of Executive Briefs, these are usually research reports or white papers.
Q. What does ‘underwrite content’ mean in relation to InsightBrief?
Underwritten content is our business model – this allows a brand or organisation to be associated with our content projects, for which a fee is payable, but at all times the editorial and production team at InsightBrief maintain 100% editorial control. The brand or organisation is usually the owner or licencee of the original content, or what we term the ‘source material owner’.
Q. What are the benefits of an Executive Brief to the source material owner?
- Delivers valuable content in consistent formats to attract and hold attention of their target audience
- Widens the reach of their key ideas, research findings, thought leadership and brand
- Engages the reader by encouraging action to read their source material
- Reinforces their brand as a trustworthy source of information
- Leverage owner’s existing investment in content
Q. Who might be a source material owner or licencee?
Any commercial organisation, public body, industry body, research firm or analyst; namely any organisation or entity that has invested time and resources in developing content that educates and informs their target audience.
Learn more about our services to source material owners.
Q. What sectors do InsightBrief cover?
Initially business related technology. We are planning additional sectors in 2015.
Q. Who is the team behind InsightBrief?
The team consists of experienced researchers, writers and editors, led by Paul Denham (Linkedin).