InsightBrief is committed to protecting your privacy while on InsightBrief.net. Please read our policy to understand how your personal information will be used while on our site and how we work to make your online experience with us secure.
“Content Sponsor” means a third party that sponsors InsightBrief content (report or other document)
“User” or “you” means any person viewing any page of the Sites.
“Profile Information” means information which you provide which may include, but shall not be limited to: your name and corporate title, the name of your company and the department in which you work, your industry group, country, postcode/zip code, telephone number, and various industry questions.
Information Collection and Use
InsightBrief collects Profile Information on InsightBrief.net when you register to request certain content from our site.
You can choose not to provide information to us, but, in general, completed information is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of the content.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, transactional messages, telemarketing calls, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your InsightBrief account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out as described in any such email we send and or request to be placed on our “Do Not Call” list.
You should contact these Content Sponsors directly if you have any questions about their use of this information. If you do not want this information disclosed to a Content Sponsor, do not request Sponsored Content.
Where personal data is collected on our sites, InsightBrief attempts to provide a link to this policy.
Automatic Information Collection
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit the Site. For example, we will collect session data, including the time at which you visited our Site, your IP address, web browser software, referring website, information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. We also will collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and keywords searched or used. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
From time to time, a cookie may be sent from the InsightBrief website to a user’s hard drive. Cookies remember information about the user to be recalled at a later time. Cookies are commonly used to customize pages for you based on your browser type or other preferences or information you may have provided the website.
If a user chooses not to accept cookies they may still use our sites, however cookies enable us to track and target the interests or preferences of our users to enhance their experience while on our site.
We use these technologies for the following general purposes:
- To help us customize the content and website experience provided to you. For example, when you access a web page on our Site, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information based on your apparent interests. This information may relate to our Site and the information provided on it and/or to products and services offered by our partners or the providers of products and services listed on our Site.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications. For example, we work with third-party service providers to collect data about your use of the Site and the pages you visit for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to your interests as you visit other websites across the Internet and to determine which emails you open and act upon.
Use and Collection of Information by advertisers and sponsors: Third Party Cookies and Tracking Devices
This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help us customize your experience.
We work with online advertising companies to provide you with advertising that is as relevant and useful as possible. Some of the online ads you are served may be based on the content of the page you’re visiting, some may be based on registration information you provide, and other ads may be customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to other websites.
These companies company may collect and use information about your visits to our site and other websites not owned and operated by InsightBrief, and may also combine this information with other data about your purchases and interests from other online and offline sources, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. In addition, we may share non-personal website usage information about visitors of our website with these companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis. For these purposes, our third-party advertising companies may note some of the pages you visit on our website through the use of pixel tags (also called clear GIFs). In the course of serving advertisements, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your computer.
We may post banner ads and other forms of advertisements, and/or links to the websites of affiliate entities or of advertisers or sponsors who are companies that are not owned or operated by InsightBrief, its parents, affiliates or subsidiaries. These entities may independently solicit and collect personal information or send their own cookies and/or clear GIFs to our visitors. The data collected is used in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to users of the Website and other interactive media and may be used to keep track of user response to each advertisement. We also work with third-party data analytics and online targeting companies. Some of these companies may use anonymous information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide data and targeting recommendations based on which we may provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Many of the third-party companies we work with are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), a cooperative on online marketing and analytics companies committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices. The NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt out of targeted advertising delivered by NAI members’ ad networks. To learn more about opting out of targeted advertising or to use the tool, visit Network Advertising Initiative and/or YourAdChoices to see your opt-out choices from other participating companies.
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
More information. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
What can you do if you are unhappy with how your personal data is processed?
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection. In the UK this is:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
IP addresses are used to analyze trends, administer the website, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
As covered above, InsightBrief collects Profile Information on InsightBrief.net when you register to request certain content from our site.
By virtue of our relationship, InsightBrief’s partners may obtain profile information that visitors voluntarily submit at time of Content request. InsightBrief has no control over the third-party sponsors’ use of this information.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, which may include business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or promotion programs, payment processing, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Site. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Business partners and the public with whom we may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information. This is information that is recorded about a user or activity on our Site, such as the automatic information described above, which no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. We may share this aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with our business partners to provide their own services to others, such as behavioral advertising or business analytics services. We also may share this aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly to show, for example, trends in technology products and services purchases or rankings amongst providers of such products and services based on aggregated reviews and comments.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third-party social media websites and services through our site (such as LinkedIn and Twitter). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third-party social media web sites.
There may be several publication qualification forms that are linked directly on our partner’s site. Although we strongly encourage our partners to employ similar security measures, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by InsightBrief’s website.
As part of your engagement with InsightBrief, you will receive periodic email newsletter updates offering you access to contextually relevant free resources, offers, and content related to your Profile Information as well as your historical content consumption behavior.
Choice / Opt-Out
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials from our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in all email communications. Alternatively, you can request to be removed from our newsletter list by emailing ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with your request.
InsightBrief takes every precaution to protect user information. When users submit sensitive information via InsightBrief.net or other branded websites the information is protected both online and offline.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user information offline.
While InsightBrief will work very hard to maintain secure sites, no data transmission on the Internet can be guaranteed.
Notification of Policy Changes
InsightBrief is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. As this policy may change from time to time we encourage you to check back periodically.
The Site is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, do not register on this Site, use any of the interactive or comment features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us or should we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as directed below.
How we secure your information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Unfortunately, no security measures are 100% foolproof, and as such no network or system (including ours) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
Managing Your Information
You have many choices to access information we collect about you and about how we use or disclose that information. This section details many of those choices, including how you can exercise rights you may with respect to your information (including personally identifiable information), how you can opt out of collection and use of certain types of information for certain purposes (such as marketing), and how you can use your browser or third-party tools to disable certain collection methods (such as cookies or tracking technologies).
How to contact us
Or write to:
InsightBrief, Kings House, 174 Hammersmith Road, London W6 7JP, UK